254 Commercial Street
Portland, ME 04101
Pierce Atwood is again offering a training course specifically addressing U.S. DOT requirements for shippers of hazardous materials, including hazardous waste.
U.S. DOT training is required for persons who ship hazardous materials. Hazardous materials training requirements apply to shippers of hazardous waste, certain biomedical and pharmaceutical wastes, some waste oil and special wastes in Maine, and all other U.S. DOT regulated hazardous materials. Retraining is required every three years.
Ken Gray and Lisa Gilbreath's training will cover the applicable U.S. DOT hazardous materials regulations and statutes, and will include the following elements:
- Hazardous materials regulations applicability
- Shipping name hierarchy and shipping name selection
- Shipping papers requirements
- Hazard classes
- Recordkeeping and reporting
- Container management and inspection requirements
- Preparation and packing of hazardous material shipments
- Labeling and placarding requirements for packages
- Emergency responses
- Security requirements and security awareness training
- Enforcement and compliance issues
This live training will be conducted in our Portland office on Tuesday, April 24, 2018, from 8:30am -12:00pm and includes an exam at the conclusion of the training. The cost of the training will be $200/person, and includes a certification of training.
To register, please complete the RSVP form linked below and return it to Dylan Gillis.