As we say goodbye to summer, it is time to start thinking about the Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML) benefits, which will go into effect beginning on January 1, 2021. Pierce Atwood partner Suzanne King provided an update on this important new leave benefit applicable to all Massachusetts employers on October 6, 2020.
The webinar covered:
- A summary of the recent changes in the regulations
- An overview of the leave benefits
- Interaction of PFML leave with parental leave, FMLA, employer leave programs, etc.
- Procedural requirements
- Recommended policy language
- Applicability of PFML to COVID-19-related absences