254 Commercial Street
Portland, ME 04101
Pierce Atwood is excited to offer a hazardous waste refresher and universal waste training course. The course will provide training on Maine requirements, at $225 per person, with discounts for multiple signups. We encourage early sign up, as space is limited and we always fill up.
This half-day training will be conducted in our Portland, ME office. We are pleased to offer this training as an alternative to other training that is longer, or more costly, or that does not focus on Maine requirements. This training will build on your knowledge and teach you how to solve real world problems. It is designed for those who are familiar with the basics of hazardous waste management and we will work through the types of questions that typically arise from employees and from government inspectors – including recent enforcement actions and trends.
Our training will include recent developments and:
- Hazardous waste identification issues, including hidden issues
- Hazardous waste management issues, including satellite accumulation, strategies, and recent enforcement positions on waste management
- On-site treatment: treating without a license and when licensing is required
- Training requirements and training issues
- Spills and clean up, including how and when to report
- Federal and state hazardous waste and universal waste rulemakings
- Universal waste identification and management
- Manifest issues and DOT rules as they apply to hazardous waste and universal waste
We continue to offer annual company-specific, on-site training for hazardous waste and universal waste, and the triennial training for U.S. DOT Hazardous Material transportation. These separate training sessions can be a cost-effective means to train multiple employees. We encourage you to contact us if you are interested in an on-site training session.
To register, please complete the registration form linked below and return it to Carrie Beedle.
Again, if you are interested, please register quickly – in past years we have been unable to accommodate everyone interested in this training.
Also, when you register, please let us know if you wish to share your “Best Management Practices” in an audience participation discussion and if you have particular topics you think should be addressed.