Half-Day Employment Program - Is Your Business Really Safeguarding its Information?
8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Pierce Atwood LLP Employment Group
Merrill's Wharf 254 Commercial Street Portland, Maine 04101
Pierce Atwood Employment Group Half-Day Program
Whatever business you are in, you have a staggering – and growing – amount of valuable information to protect. Whether it concerns your know-how, your business strategy, your customers, or your employees, other people want to see it. And you cannot afford to let that happen.
In our final half-day event for this program year, we’ll be joined by colleagues from our IP/Technology practice to give you an overview of the duties you have, the risks you face, and the tools available to secure your information and protect your company’s reputation. Our topics will include:
• What information do you have and what are your obligations to protect it?
• Non-competition, non-solicitation, confidentiality, inventions, severance, and
arbitration agreements – when and how to use (or not use) them
• Are your policies up to date? Acceptable use, company hardware, mobile
devices, social media, and other key elements of a data security plan
• Top three issues in third party relationships – Confidentiality & Security, IP
Ownership, and Risk Allocation
• Data breaches will happen – are you prepared? Information Security Program
and Incident Response fundamentals
• Information security potpourri – union information requests, employee fiduciary
duty and duty of loyalty, subpoenas, effective use of attorney-client and other
• Legislative and regulatory trends
This program is not just for HR, but also for risk managers and information security managers, so please feel free to forward this invitation to others who may benefit.
This half-day program has been submitted for approval to HRCI for HR General Recertification Credit.
The program will be followed by a light lunch. Please arrive before 8:30 so we can be sure to conclude in time for lunch at noon.
There is no cost to attend this program. Please note that there is no webcast of our half-day programs. We want to see you in person!