Earlier this spring the National Labor Relations Board’s “quickie election” rules took effect. Before employers could digest this change, the Board dramatically enlarged the scope of relationships that constitute “joint employment.” Coming on the heels of recent rulings on social media and other employer policies, these actions are not-so-gentle reminders that this Board is an active one that will not hesitate to depart from decades of precedent in its attempt to bolster unionization and expand its authority over the U.S. workplace. Join Charlie Einsiedler and Michelle Bush as they discuss recent NLRB actions and their impact on employers and their employment-related business relationships.
Instructions for Joining via Web and Teleconference
- Click here to join the web conference
- Sign in as a "Guest"
- To join the audio line, enter your phone number in the "Connect Audio" pop-up window and click "Connect Me"
Trouble Hearing or Seeing the Presentation? Questions?
Use the "Chat" feature on the left-hand side of the web conference screen to alert us to technical issues. We monitor the chat window throughout the presentation. Please also use the "Chat" feature to submit questions for the presenters.
If you plan to dial-in, please select the RSVP Yes: Webinar option.
Pierce Atwood has a handful of visitor parking spots marked "PA Visitor" near the main entrance of the building where you can park; then please proceed to our reception area on the 5th floor. However, if you arrive and find that all of the "PA Visitor" spots are taken, please consider the following options:
- For garage parking, use the Fore Street Garage located at 427 Fore Street;
- Fisherman's Wharf, located on the corner of 202 Commercial Street; or
- On-street, metered parking is also available along Commercial Street.