254 Commercial Street
Portland, ME 04101
2018 was another busy year for employment lawyers and HR professionals! We saw important developments, especially at the state level, in all areas of employment law. On December 5, Suzanne King hosted a discussion of the most significant developments of 2018 and the impact of these developments on employers in 2019.
- Important new accommodation cases
- DOL news including interns, independent contractors, and FMLA guidance
- NLRB guidance on employee handbooks
- Arbitration clauses in employment agreements
State law update
- Sexual and other unlawful harassment
- New mandates for paid leave
- Restrictions on non-competition agreements
- Pay equity and bans on salary history questions
- Ban the box
- Marijuana law
This program was also offered in Portsmouth on Wednesday, December 5. Both dates offered the option to attend via webinar.