254 Commercial Street
Portland, ME 04101
In January we surveyed developments in Maine, New England, and around the US to get you up to speed on what happened in 2015. Hot topics included:
- Whistleblowing – are recent decisions by the First Circuit and the Law Court suggesting diverging views on what is and is not protected?
- Bullying – is there a groundswell for legislation protecting employees?
- Sexual orientation v. religious freedom – employers’ sometimes conflicting duties
- Reasonable accommodations for pregnant workers
- The use of third party vendors to conduct medical examinations
- The reasonable accommodation process, which continues to drive a significant amount of employment litigation
Guests joined Jim Erwin and Katy Rand for a fast paced look at some of the most noteworthy developments in 2015.