ICE announced that, effective June 24 2019, fees paid to the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) by international students, exchange visitors and SEVP-certified schools will increase as follows:
- The I-901 SEVIS Fee for F and M international students will increase from $200 to $350.
- The I-901 SEVIS Fee for most J exchange visitors will increase from $180 to $220. (The $35 I-901 SEVIS Fee for J exchange visitors in the au pair, camp counselor, and summer work travel program participant categories will remain the same.)
- The SEVP school certification petition fee for initial certification will increase from $1,700 to $3,000.
The following new fees will be imposed:
- A $1,250 fee for SEVP-certified schools filing a petition for recertification.
- A $675 fee for schools filing Form I-290B, “Notice of Appeal or Motion.”
- A $650 fee when a SEVP-certified school changes its physical location or adds a new physical location or campus to its Form I-17, “Petition for Approval of School for Attendance by Nonimmigrant Student. (DHS will maintain the $655 fee for an initial school site visit).