Scott A. Cammarn
Pierce Atwood senior counsel Scott Cammarn has 34 years of banking law experience, focusing his practice on regulatory matters, mergers and acquisitions, legislation, and transactions.
Scott has represented various national and international financial institutions, and has practiced before the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and many state banking departments.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Scott was a partner with Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, where he was the firm’s lead bank regulatory attorney and co-chair of their Financial Services Department. Scott’s practice included federal and state bank regulatory and consumer credit issues, sanctions, anti-money laundering, privacy, information security, and fintech matters.
Prior to joining Cadwalader, Scott was lead bank regulatory counsel for Ally Financial, senior vice president and general counsel at LendingTree, and he served in various legal capacities at Bank of America, including associate general counsel, bank regulatory, global marketing, and global corporate affairs.
- Named an “expert consultant” by IFLR1000, an international legal market research guide ranking financial and corporate law firms and lawyers
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Financial Services Regulation/Banking Compliance
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2013, and named "Lawyer of the Year" for Banking and Finance Law and Financial Services Regulation Law (2014, 2018, 2020, 2022)
- National Law Review "Go-To Thought Leader" for Banking Regulation (2018)
- Advisory Board, Duke Law Global Financial Markets Center
- Guest lecturer, Duke University School of Law and UNC School of Law