Will has represented start-ups, early stage, and public and private companies in connection with intellectual property and transactional matters for almost 20 years. Will was one of the pioneering attorneys on transactions involving animal cloning technologies and the commercialization of regenerative medicine technologies, including stem cell technologies. His clients include companies and institutions in a variety of technology industries, including life science and biotechnology, manufacturing, semiconductors, software, and information technology. Will is also the partner-in-charge of the firm's Boston office and Chair of the firm's Intellectual Property & Technology Practice Group.
Will brings real-world experience to bear on the legal issues facing firm clients, using his background in agriculture, animal science, and IP to help identify and protect their intellectual property and to determine the best path to commercialization.
Will's practice includes:
- Negotiating and preparing a wide variety of agreements relating to intellectual property
- Managing IP portfolios, protecting and enforcing IP rights, and performing IP diligence in joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions
- Counseling clients on technology transfer matters involving nonprofit research and academic institutions and U.S. government agencies
- Preparing and negotiating license agreements, CRADAs, MTAs, sponsored research, research collaboration, laboratory services, testing and evaluation, and development agreements
- Representing clients in connection with contract disputes about intellectual property matters and settlement of disputes pursuant to license arrangements
- Counseling (including with respect to clearance and prosecution of trademarks), managing, licensing, defending and enforcing domestic and international trademark portfolios