Pierce Atwood energy law partner James M. Avery will moderate a panel discussion on issues and concerns with the transmission network:
- How are transmission problems hampering investment?
- How can companies tack problems with transmission?
- How can the US integrate offshore wind into the grid?
- What impact is this having on the siting of new projects?
- Will energy storage help with the management of these grid issues?
Jim Avery represents a broad range of utilities, developers, aggregators, and other stakeholders before the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities, the Massachusetts Energy Facilities Siting Board, and numerous other state utility commissions. Firm clients include solar, wind, biomass, and other renewable energy firms; developers of natural gas-fired generation facilities; electric and natural gas utilities; wireless telecommunications carriers; and hospitals, government agencies, and industrial facilities.