This CLE webinar will provide counsel with an in-depth understanding of class action mediation and its value in getting relief to plaintiffs and finality for defendants. Listen as this experienced panel discusses why mediation with a mediator experienced in class actions has become an indispensable tool in class action settlements.
Attendees will review these and other issues that may arise in mediation:
- Balancing the costs of litigation against risk management decisions with limited information
- How to conduct the risk analysis
- Dealing with insurer vs. insured dynamics
- What to do when the parties seem hopelessly apart
- When should the mediator make a settlement proposal?
- What key terms should be documented in a mediation term sheet?
Please visit Strafford webinars for more information and registration instructions.
Donald R. Frederico leads Pierce Atwood's class action defense practice, which has received a National Tier One ranking since 2017 in U.S. News-Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" reports. A senior trial attorney with more than 30 years of courtroom experience, Don has represented defendants in a wide array of class actions in federal and state court, including in such areas as consumer fraud, product liability, labor and employment, environmental and toxic torts, antitrust, and civil RICO.