Best Lawyers in America® 2020 Recognizes 69 Pierce Atwood Partners Firmwide
Eleven attorneys named "Lawyer of the Year"
Pierce Atwood LLP is pleased to announce that nearly half of its attorneys firmwide were once again selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020 (Copyright 2019 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC). The attorneys were recognized in practices across the firm, in each of Pierce Atwood’s U.S. offices.
Notable additions this year include:
- Firm real estate partners Dan Bailey and Dennis Keeler received additional recognitions in Land Use and Zoning Law
- Margaret Smith, named a firm partner in 2018, was newly recognized for Real Estate Law
- Randall Rich, Chair of the firm’s Energy Practice Group and partner-in-charge of the Washington, DC office has been recognized for Energy Law
In addition, 11 attorneys in two firm offices were recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year.” “Lawyer of the Year” is a recognition presented annually to individual attorneys with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one attorney is recognized as the "Lawyer of the Year" for each specialty and location. The partners receiving this notable peer recognition are:
- David E. Barry: Criminal Defense – White Collar
- David J. Champoux: Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Dennis C. Keeler: Real Estate Law
- Jacob A. Manheimer: Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law
- James R. Erwin: Labor and Employment Litigation
- Jared S. des Rosiers: Energy Law
- John J. Aromando: Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Margaret Coughlin LePage: Labor Law – Management
- Margaret K. Minister: Intellectual Property Litigation
- Matthew D. Manahan: Environmental Litigation
Providence, Rhode Island:
- Christopher C. Whitney: Construction Litigation
Finally, the firm received several “top listed” designations, which are given to the firm that has the most listed lawyers in a particular region and practice area. The 2020 edition includes the following top listed rankings in Portland, Maine:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation: four ranked lawyers
- Environmental Law: four ranked lawyers
- Land Use and Zoning Law: five ranked lawyers
- Tax Law: four ranked lawyers
A complete listing of Pierce Atwood’s attorney and firm recognitions is available at Best Lawyers.
About Pierce Atwood
Pierce Atwood LLP, a highly-regarded, full-service law firm based in New England, has 160 attorneys who serve regional, national, and international clients from offices in Portland and Augusta, Maine; Portsmouth, New Hampshire; Boston, Massachusetts; Providence, Rhode Island; Stockholm, Sweden; and Washington, DC. Pierce Atwood LLP provides legal and business counsel to its clients, which range from regional and local enterprises, energy project developers, utilities, financiers, middle-market companies, entrepreneurs, and individuals, to Fortune 500 companies, multinational corporations, and state and foreign governments. Follow us on Twitter @PierceAtwoodLLP.
About Best Lawyers
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers® is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which almost 50,000 leading attorneys cast nearly five million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”