“Vexing E-Verify Issues for Experts”: Katie Nokes Minervino on Faculty at 2018 AILA Employer Compliance and Worksite Enforcement Conference
The E-Verify Memorandum of Understanding, user manual, and website cover basic obligations and scenarios, but they also present a variety of issues that continue to vex employers and the attorneys who advise them. Immigration law partner Katie Minervino participated in a panel discussion on complex E-Verify issues, as well as a range of topics including:
- Registration options for employers with complex legal structures
- Worksites vs. hiring sites for staffing agencies, STEM students, and federal contractors
- Balancing state law issues with the federal MOU
- Advanced employer challenges and strategies for resolution
- Monitoring and compliance desk reviews
For more than ten years, Katie Minervino’s practice has focused exclusively on employment-based immigration law, helping employers and employees create and execute immigration strategies to meet their short- and long-term immigration needs. Katie is also the AILA Verification & Documentation Liaison Vice Chair.
AILA, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, is a national bar association of attorneys who practice and teach immigration law. The 2018 AILA Employer Compliance and Worksite Enforcement conference was designed to educate attendees on the most pressing compliance and enforcement issues facing employers and attorneys and provide essential tips and best practices for how to deal with them.