Tim Maguire has been representing public and private companies, investors and investment funds, and investment banks and advisors for more than 30 years. His practice includes public and private offerings, restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate partnerships, corporate governance and technology licensing. Tim's clients include companies in a variety of high-tech industries including biotechnology, electronic equipment, manufacturing, software, digital advertising, semiconductors and medical devices. In addition, Tim has represented underwriters in initial and follow-on public offerings of equity and debt securities, and venture capital funds in their formation, investing and monitoring activities.
Tim earned a B.A. from Harvard College and a J.D. from Vanderbilt University, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the Vanderbilt Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif. He served as a judicial clerk to the Hon. James Hunter III of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and also held the positions of Assistant and Associate Professor of Law at Temple University School of Law.
- Recognized by Chambers USA in Corporate/M&A Law
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2011 for Corporate Law
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- SBANE, Smaller Business Association of New England: Member, Board of Directors; Member, Technology & Innovation Committee
- Trustee, Nahant Village Church.
- Represented fabless telecommunications semiconductor device company in acquisition of a public semiconductor company, multiple private financings, its Nasdaq IPO, public follow-on financings, PIPE financing and 144A convertible debt placement, as well as tender and exchange offers, private acquisitions and strategic investments
- Represented public biotechnology company in private equity and public securities financings, corporate governance, SEC compliance, research collaborations and related matters
- Represented underwriters and issuers in numerous public financing transactions, including IPOs, follow-ons, cross-border offerings and other complex financings
- Represented Canadian public alternative energy company in financings, corporate restructurings and compliance and governance matters
- Advises boards of directors and corporate management of publicly held companies on governance matters and fiduciary duty issues
Latest Updates in Business
- Represents private equity and venture capital funds in formation matters and portfolio investments