Scott A. Schlager
Scott Schlager represents lenders, institutional investors, commercial and retail tenants, developers, and other owners and operators of commercial real estate and emerging companies in a wide variety of transactional matters throughout the United States.
Scott’s practice focuses on acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, portfolio transactions, leases, and development in the retail, office, multifamily, industrial, cold storage, and life sciences real estate sectors. Scott continues to advise clients on issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, including borrowers, lenders, landlords, and tenants. He also provides practical counsel to emerging companies.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Scott was an associate at a Boston-based boutique law firm where he served as lead counsel for a Harvard Square property owner in a RICO case of first impression in Massachusetts over diminution of property value stemming from a neighboring marijuana dispensary. After defeating a motion to dismiss, the case settled, resulting in a seven-figure settlement for the client.
A nationally recognized lawyer, Scott has been quoted in The New York Times and Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Recognized as a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star (2020)
- Presidential Volunteer Service Award
- University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School, Seevak Real Estate Research Competition, First Place
- American Bar Association, former Vice Chair, Real Property, Young Leadership Division
- Federal Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Real Estate Bar Association
- Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Alumni Council
- University of Pennsylvania, Co-chair, 5th Reunion, Major Gifts Campaign Council, Alumni Interviewer
- Member, University of Pennsylvania, Major Gifts Campaign Council
- Director, Penn Club of Boston, Inc.
- Vice President, Board of Managers, Millennium Place South Condominium Association