Maeve Tibbetts focuses her practice on regulatory and enforcement matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and state public utility commissions. Maeve represents energy traders active in the ISO/RTO markets and counsels clients involved in formal and informal investigations by FERC's Office of Enforcement. She also represents members of the Financial Marketers Coalition in stakeholder proceedings before PJM and other ISOs/RTOs. Her clients include financial institutions, power marketers, electric and natural gas utilities, renewable energy firms, retail electric suppliers and developers of natural gas-fired generation facilities.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Maeve was an attorney at Monitoring Analytics, the Independent Market Monitor for PJM Interconnection, where she investigated instances of market power and manipulation. During her time at the Market Monitor, she also handled the Market Monitor's response to certain applications for mergers and acquisitions governed by Section 203 of the Federal Power Act. In addition, Maeve has worked on demand response and capacity resource issues, and is experienced in renewable energy issues, such as net metering and community solar programs.
- Recognized as a "Fortnightly Under 40" honoree by Public Utilities Fortnightly magazine
- Member, Energy Bar Association
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Represents the Financial Marketers Coalition in proceedings before FERC as well as in various ISO/RTO stakeholder proceedings
- Provides on-going electric compliance training and regulatory auditing to help regulated entities meet FERC's compliance requirements
- Represents multiple power marketer clients in investigations by the FERC Office of Enforcement
- Represents natural gas utilities in rate proceedings before FERC
Latest Updates in Energy
- Represents NTE Energy in the financing of three natural gas-fired power plants, valued at over $1.1 billion