Laurel Millette focuses her practice on estate tax planning, charitable planning, estate administration services, and trust administration services. She represents individuals, families, fiduciaries, and institutional clients in all aspects of trust and estate planning and administration.
Laurel also has a background in financial services. Prior to law school, she graduated from the Coopers & Lybrand Academy at the University of Texas Graduate School of Accounting. While at Pricewaterhouse Coopers, she was a member of the Assurance Division's financial services team, auditing investment portfolios of several companies as well as the emerging markets mutual funds for clients such as State Street Global Advisors and Putnam Investments.
Before joining Pierce Atwood, Laurel was the founder of a boutique estate planning law firm in Concord, Massachusetts and has also served previously as a shareholder and director at a locally based midsized law firm.
- Recognized by Massachusetts Super Lawyers for Estate Planning & Probate (2008-2018)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, “Top Women Attorneys” (2008-2018)
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, "Excellence In The Law - Up and Coming Lawyers" (2011)
- The Boston Foundation, Professional Advisors Committee (2021-present)
- The Boston Foundation, Professional Advisors Network (2011-2015)
- The Boston Foundation, Chartered Advisors in Philanthropy Study Group (2015-2016)
- Women’s Bar Association - Central MA Chapter, Co-chair (2007-2010)
- Emerson Hospital, Hospital Corporator (2009–present)
- Emerson Hospital, Chair, Corporator Involvement Committee (2010-2014)
- Emerson Hospital, Member, Corporator Executive Committee (2010-2014)
St. Boniface Haiti Foundation, Development Committee Member (2017-2019)