Kathleen Parker has many years of experience in resolving Massachusetts tax disputes by litigation and negotiation. She also advises clients on complex transactions and planning issues, specializing in Massachusetts tax matters. She knows the go-to people in other states and collaborates with them to solve multistate problems.
Before joining Pierce Atwood in 2008, Kathleen practiced for 19 years at Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP in Boston, and before that ten years in Massachusetts state government. She has represented individuals and both local and global businesses with Massachusetts tax problems. She speaks frequently at national and local tax conferences on developments and cutting-edge issues.
Honors & Distinctions
- Included since 2011 in The Best Lawyers in America® and Chambers USA for Tax Law
- ABA Tax Section, State and Local Tax Committee
- Boston Bar Association, Tax Section, State Tax Committee
- ABA Tax Section, Sales and Use Tax Deskbook, author of Massachusetts chapter (annual)
- Trustee member, Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation