Joe Pierce has been practicing in Pierce Atwood's Litigation Group since 1971. He has extensive experience in complex civil litigation in the federal and state courts of Maine, before numerous arbitration tribunals, and in mediation. He maintains an active practice in various aspects of construction and surety bond law, addressing pre-construction issues, handling mid-stream informal dispute resolution and problem solving, and conducting claims litigation. For over 35 years, Joe has successfully represented contractors, owners, and manufacturers in their construction disputes.
Honors & Distinctions
- Since 1993, included in The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Arbitration and Mediation, and the prestigious Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Named a 2015 Maine "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for Construction Law
- Practicing Law Institute's Construction Contracts and Litigation seminar program Chair (1974-86) and panelist (1987, 1990, 1993)
- Charter Fellow in the American College of Construction Lawyers
- Member of the ACCL's Board of Governors
- "Fifty State Construction Lien and Bond Law" Chapter on Maine law; "Fifty State Public Construction Contracting" Chapter on Maine (co-author); and "Design/Build Projects vs. State Licensing and Public Procurement."