As a former Governor and U.S. Congressman, Governor Baldacci brings a unique perspective to his work. He served two terms as the Governor of the State of Maine from 2003-2011. Prior public service included serving as U.S. Representative for Maine's 2nd Congressional District from 1995-2003.
Governor Baldacci joined Pierce Atwood in 2012, following an appointment as the Director of the Department of Defense's Military Health Care Reform Initiative, working for the former Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, Clifford L. Stanley, where he was tasked with a full-scale review and evaluation of military health care and wellness.
His extensive background gives him a distinct and valuable perspective to enable relationship building for successful business strategies and economic development outcomes, as well as insights into state and federal policy issues. Working closely with each of Pierce Atwood's practice groups, he is able to counsel clients on local, state and federal initiatives, government procurement, economic development projects, and various policy issues, especially in the areas of energy and health.
Honors & Distinctions
- American Medical Association’s Dr. Nathan Davis Award for Outstanding Government Service
- Neal W. Allen Award for Leadership in Public Service
- Marriage Equality Award, Human Rights Campaign
- Vice Chairman, Board of Directors, Avangrid, Inc.
- Member, Leadership Council, Home Base Program for Veterans, a Boston Red Sox Organization
- Member of Steering Committee, Mercy Healthcare Foundation
- Member, Mission-Aligned Business Advisory Council, Saint Joseph's College
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors and current Board member for Jobs for America’s Graduates, a national nonprofit organization that works to reduce barriers to high school graduation and help students to transition to college
- Campaign co-chairman for the Foundation for Maine’s Community Colleges
- Former Chair and Board Member of the Northeast Midwest Institute