Whether leading strategic growth initiatives for her clients or for Pierce Atwood, Gloria Pinza combines extensive experience in intellectual property law with a hands-on appreciation of the business and legal imperatives that can determine a venture's success. Gloria helps clients navigate through the increasingly complex convergence of technology and business, offering practical and strategic advice in the areas of trademark, copyright, internet law, licensing, software development, entertainment law and a full range of IP-related business transactions.
Gloria was the firm's managing partner from 2009 through 2015. Prior to that, Gloria was a member of the firm's Management Committee and the Leader of Pierce Atwood's Intellectual Property & Technology Practice Group. Passionate about helping fledgling businesses and other entrepreneurs realize their business potential, Gloria was instrumental in creating and developing the firm's Catalyst Program, a program designed to provide affordable legal services to emerging companies.
Gloria came to Pierce Atwood directly from law school, practicing in the business and tax areas. She then moved to California where she became a member of the California bar and was a partner in the Beverly Hills entertainment firm of Weissmann, Wolff. During her eight years of practice in California, she represented artists and companies in the entertainment business. Since returning to Pierce Atwood in late 1990, Gloria has devoted her practice to intellectual property and transactional matters.
Honors & Distinctions
- Selected as one of 21 accomplished women attorneys who make up the 2009 class of the DirectWomen Board Institute. The Institute is an initiative of the American Bar Association's Business Law Section, designed to identify and promote qualified women lawyers to serve on corporate boards of public companies.
- Listed since 2003 by The Best Lawyers in America® for Copyright Law and Trademark Law.
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Recognized as a "2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property Law" by ALM and Martindale-Hubbell.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, INTA (International Trademark Association)
- Member, Maine, Massachusetts, and California Bar Associations
- (2008) The Goldilocks Phenomenon: Answering the ACC Value Challenge With Legal Services That Are "Just Right". Referenced: http://www.acc.com/chapters/ne/resources.cfm.
- Member, Board of Trustees, University of New England
- Member, Transition Advisory Team to Governor Paul LePage, 2010
- Member, Governor Paul LePage's Judicial Selection Committee, 2011-present