Chris Little has over 35 years of experience throughout New England in all aspects of dispute resolution. He practices extensively in complex commercial litigation in the courts of Rhode Island and Massachusetts and beyond and also represents owners and contractors and design professionals in public and private construction projects.
Prior to founding the firm, Little Bulman Medeiros & Whitney P.C., in 1993, he had been an associate and then a partner for 17 years at a large Rhode Island based firm having offices in Providence, Boston and Fort Lauderdale. At that firm he chaired the commercial litigation department and was the founder and chair of its construction law group. In addition to his active practice in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, he has been responsible for litigating substantial matters in Arizona, Colorado, Alabama, New York, Vermont, New Jersey and Connecticut. For 25 years he has served on the panel of the American Arbitration Association as a neutral arbitrator for large and complex commercial and construction disputes.
Honors & Distinctions
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Construction Litigation (since 2011) and Commercial Litigation (since 2015)
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" in Providence, RI by The Best Lawyers in America® for Construction Litigation in 2012
- Included in Chambers USA for Commercial Litigation
- Recognized by Super Lawyers for Business Litigation since 2007
- American Arbitration Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation (Life Member)
- Presenter in approximately 50 seminars and professional programs for such organizations as Rhode Island Bar Association, American Bar Association, American Arbitration Association, Construction Industry of Massachusetts and University of Rhode Island
- Author or co-author of approximately 40 publications addressing various aspects of private and public construction law for the American Bar Association and for industry groups in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- Board Member, Rhode Island Airport Corporation (2015 - present)
- Vice Chair, Tides Family Services (2011-present)
- Director, Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island (2011-present)
- Moderate Party Candidate, Attorney General of Rhode Island (2010)
- Independent Candidate, Rhode Island House District 33 (2008)
- Advisor, Rhode Island Natural History Survey (1990-present)
- Advisory Committee Member, University of Rhode Island Advisory Committee for College of Environment and Life Sciences and Graduate School of Oceanography (2003-present)
- Advisory Board Member, The Metcalf Institute - University of Rhode Island Graduate School of Oceanography (2013-present)
- Trustee, Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council (1991-present)
- Board Chair, Save the Bay, Inc.
- Chairman of Board of Trustees, South County Hospital
- Board of Directors, Hospital Association of Rhode Island