Cheryl L. Allen-Ricciardi
Cheryl Allen-Ricciardi is an associate in Pierce Atwood's Litigation Practice Group. Cheryl represents clients in complex commercial matters, including class actions, employment-related disputes, and internal investigations. She also has transnational experience with offices of institutional integrity of multilateral development banks.
Before joining Pierce Atwood, Cheryl was an associate in the New York office of Dentons US LLP. While in law school, Cheryl served as an editor on the Fordham International Law Journal and was a legal intern in the Family Law Unit of the New York Legal Assistance Group. She was also the President of the Lincoln Square Neighborhood Children's Law Project and the Communications Director of the Youth Advocacy Law Association.
- Named a 2019 "Top 40 Under 40" for Rhode Island by The National Black Lawyers
- Received a 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Commercial Litigation, and Securities Litigation
- Author, The US-Russian Child Adoption Agreement: An End to Failed Adoptions?, 35 Fordham Int’l L. J. 1690 (2012)
- Successfully defended a building products company in a class action alleging breaches of express and implied warranties.
- Successfully defended staffing agency client in employment discrimination lawsuit, achieving voluntary dismissal.
- Defended nonprofit against personal injury lawsuit resulting in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Successfully represented high-end book publisher in contract dispute resulting in a favorable settlement for client.
- Represented criminal defendant in pro bono criminal appeal in the 7th Circuit. Drafted petition for certiorari to the United States Supreme Court. Successfully negotiated compassionate release for the client.