Pierce Atwood Earns Top Rankings in Leading Law Directory
40 Attorneys Ranked in 2012 Chambers and Partners USA Guide
Chambers and Partners, a London-based research organization, bestowed top rankings on Pierce Atwood LLP and its attorneys as part of the law firm rankings it released today. Pierce Atwood has a total of 40 attorneys recognized in the 2012 guide, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
Pierce Atwood is also the only firm to receive number one rankings in all six practice areas evaluated in Maine by Chambers and Partners – and is the only law firm in Maine to be ranked number one in the Litigation: General Commercial and Environmental practice areas.
“We are proud to have such superior rankings in Chambers and Partners, a research organization that bases its rankings on an independent and objective analysis,” said Gloria Pinza, managing partner, Pierce Atwood LLP. “Thanks to the recommendations of our clients and colleagues, nearly one third of our attorneys were individually recognized.”
Here’s what Chambers had to say about our six practice areas that received number one rankings:
- Corporate/M&A: “The team at Pierce Atwood offers clients an impressive range of complex commercial expertise. The firm's business practice has recently advised on a range of acquisitions, divestments, financings and nonpublic offerings on a national and international scale. In addition, the firm has significant experience in all aspects of debtor-creditor relations, insolvency issues and Chapter 11 reorganizations.” Chambers’ sources say, “the firm is efficient, informative and sophisticated. They provide great value for money."
- Energy & Natural Resources: “This team handles a broad range of work, covering local, national and even international matters. The team is particularly strong in the natural gas, traditional power and transmission markets, while it continues to maintain an impressive presence in the renewables field.” Chambers’ sources say, “the firm is a strong player in the New England market. Its rates are reasonable and its results are excellent.”
- Environment: “The environmental team features a spectrum of talent that keeps it at the forefront of the Maine market. The team includes leaders in all matters concerning air, water, waste and land use, among others.” Chambers’ sources say, “they're very responsive and practical in their advice, and they've introduced me to the people I need to know within the state," and "they help me sleep better at night."
- Labor & Employment: “Pierce Atwood's employment team advises in relation to a vast range of matters, including traditional labor law, employee benefits, immigration and employment-related litigation, and is valued for its strong political connections.” Chambers’ sources say, “they are highly responsive and very practical in their advice." "They live up to their commitments - their follow-through skills are brilliant."
- Litigation: General Commercial: “The team has vast experience across the full spectrum of disputes in both state and federal trial and appellate courts.” Chambers’ sources say, “their litigation skills are superb and they have real breadth of talent in different areas."
- Real Estate: “This impressive group continues to extend its regional reach inland and along the Eastern Seaboard. It offers expertise in every aspect of real estate, including wetlands and environmental due diligence, project feasibility, and tax and financings. It operates in diverse industry sectors for longstanding clients.” Chambers’ sources say, “they all proved to be extremely knowledgeable and professional."