Mary-Laura Greely practices in the area of mergers and acquisitions involving private and public companies, private equity, venture capital, and general corporate representation. She advises companies on debt and equity financings, strategic investments, equity structures, corporate governance and succession planning, employment, intellectual property protection, and licensing arrangements. Mary-Laura also advises private equity funds on their portfolio investments and management and boards of directors involved in significant transactions.
Her clients represent a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, information technology, health care, medical device, financial services, retail, food and beverage, franchising, consumer products, and social entrepreneurial businesses. She has represented various hospitals and health care entities in mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood, Mary-Laura was a partner in the Corporate Practice Group at Brown Rudnick LLP. In 2008, a transaction involving the sale of her client to a large publicly-held speech recognition software company was awarded the "Tech Dealmaker Award" from Mass High Tech and The Association for Corporate Growth Boston.
In 2013, a significant asset acquisition by a leading financial service company, and an investment management company from one of the country's largest servicers of home loans on which she served as a team of advisors, was selected for the M&A Advisor Deal of the Year Award.
Mary-Laura has been a guest lecturer on various panels at Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), Babson College, and Boston University School of Law.
Honors & Distinctions
- Named one of the “Top 10 Women Lawyers in Boston” by Women’s Business Boston for three consecutive years
- Recognized as one of the leading lawyers in her field by Legal 500
- Recognized in Lawdragon’s list of “500 New Stars, New World Guide”
- Selected by Lawdragon as one of the “Top 500 Leading Dealmakers in America”
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Harvard Business School Women’s Association
- Board of Directors and Co-chair, Corporate Governance Committee, CITI Performing Arts Center (Wang Theatre)
- Board of Overseers, Children's Hospital Boston
- Corporate Governance & Finance Committees, The Boston Club
Mary-Laura has authored several articles, including,"Has ‘Say on Pay’ Had its Day?” and “Making the Best Deal out of an Acquisition.”