Combining experience and a practical and pragmatic approach, Dennis Keeler helps guide his clients through complex developments and transactional deals. He understands how to get a deal done, while still protecting his client's interests. Dennis has been involved in some of the larger real estate deals in the State of Maine, from the redevelopment of a 100,000 square foot warehouse on the waterfront to Class A open space, to the acquisition and subsequent disposition of one of the largest office building portfolios in Maine valued in excess of $50M to a large residential golf course development. Dennis was lead counsel in the disposition of a $100M portfolio of office/warehouse airport buildings, which portfolio included 13 properties in seven different states.
Prior to joining Pierce Atwood in 1984, Dennis practiced with the large Denver Colorado firm of Holme, Roberts & Owen (since merged with Bryan Cave), specializing in real estate development. Since coming to Pierce Atwood, Dennis has been instrumental in the establishment and growth of Pierce Atwood's Real Estate group to become one of the top real estate practice groups in Maine and the region. Pierce Atwood is recognized as one of the three "Band 1" real estate departments in Maine by Chambers USA. Dennis was the head of the Real Estate Practice Group for approximately 15 years, beginning in the early 90's.
Honors & Distinctions
- Listed in Chambers USA; one of only two attorneys in Maine rated in the top tier of real estate lawyers
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2003 for Real Estate Law
- In 2010 and 2016, named by The Best Lawyers in America® as the Portland, Maine Real Estate "Lawyer of the Year"
- Named a Super Lawyer for Real Estate Law since 2011
- In 2011, awarded the Robert B. Patterson Jr. Founders' Award by the Maine Real Estate & Development Association for significant contributions to responsible real estate development in the state of Maine
Member, International Center for Shopping Centers
Member and former Secretary, Director and Executive Committee member, Maine Real Estate & Development Association
Member, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Colorado Bar Associations
Former Member, Falmouth Zoning Board of Appeals
Former Board Member, Ingraham, a non-profit community based organization that provides crisis intervention and shelter