David Champoux is a partner in Pierce Atwood's Business Law Practice Group. His practice focuses on business transactions and business entities, including acquisitions and dispositions of businesses (through asset purchase, stock purchase or merger), securities offerings and other financing transactions, structuring and negotiating complex commercial contracts, forming business entities and counseling clients on corporate governance matters and shareholder and other agreements among the entities' owners, and advising clients on compliance with federal and state securities law public disclosure and other requirements.
David practiced as an associate at Sullivan & Cromwell in New York before joining Pierce Atwood.
Honors & Distinctions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2003
- Named a "Lawyer of the Year" in Portland, Maine for Securities/Capital Markets Law by The Best Lawyers in America® in 2017, and for Mergers and Acquisitions Law in 2015 and 2016
- Listed in Chambers USA for Corporate/M&A Law
- Member, Business Law Section, Maine Bar Association
- Past Chair, Business Law Section, Maine Bar Association
- Co-author of the chapter on the Maine securities statute in J. Zimpritch, Maine Corporation Law & Practice (2d edition, 2004)
- Chair, Committee on Trustees, North Yarmouth Academy Board of Trustees, 2005-present
- Member, Board of Directors of the United States Tennis Association/New England, 2009-present
- Member, Board of Directors of the Maine Tennis Association, 2007-present