Peter Guffin is a partner in the firm's Intellectual Property and Technology Group and heads the firm's Privacy & Data Security practice. He combines extensive experience in the areas of intellectual property, information technology, privacy and data protection, with a practical appreciation of the business and legal imperatives that can determine a client's success.
His particular focus is helping clients in highly regulated industries navigate the increasingly complex convergence of information technology and business, offering practical and strategic advice in the following areas:
- Technology procurement and outsourcing arrangements
- Privacy, information security, and data breach notification
- Protection and enforcement of IP rights
- Trademark, patent, copyright, and software licensing
- Internet law and e-commerce initiatives
Peter represents businesses in a wide range of industries, including information technology, energy, banking, retail, financial services, insurance, and health care.