Noha Sidhom to Present at Platts 6th Utility M&A Conference in New York City
Pierce Atwood attorney Noha Sidhom will be a presenter at the upcoming Platts 6th Utility M&A Conference to be held June 25-26 in New York City. The conference will feature industry experts as they share their views on current M&A activity now that the dust has settled from the 2008 financial crisis. Noha’s panel, “Weeding through the Regulatory Uncertainty Impacting M&A Deals,” will be held on the first day of the conference and will cover the recent changes in FERC’s analysis and some of the larger M&A deals.
Specifically, the panel will discuss:
- Regulatory requirements for approval, including valuation impacts and anticipated rate reduction
- Are there really any “merger synergies” in utility mergers when the analysis is performed in an unbiased manner?
- What kinds of deals are possible in the regulated space?
- Examples of deals that fail to obtain state approvals and lessons learned
- Has the impending expiration of tax credits spurred a “hurry up and buy” attitude in the renewable sector?
- How has the tightening of emissions standards and environmental compliance affected M&A activity?
- CSAPR and MATS rules and their impact on deal flow
- What are regulators doing about containing rates for rate payers?
- What are the differences in the regulatory process for a new utility versus an existing one?